This game is rated PEGI 16
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Birth, Blood-splatter, Death, Gore, Kidnapped, Killed and The Dead.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 4 months ago.
The re released version invites you to return to the Forgotten Realms with new and enhanced features offering over a hundred hours of adventures and the tools to create your own. The series features three main stories:
- Neverwinter Nights Campaign: You find yourself at the centre of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in Neverwinter Nights. Journey through dangerous cities, monster-filled dungeons, and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.
- Shadows of Undrentide Expansion: Another adventure begins in Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
- Hordes of the Underdark Expansion: Continue the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide and journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.
It's a game that was developed and enhanced over many years. While visually the game is basic it has that spark of recreating the feel of a Tolkien adventure. It has something to offer a wide range of players, both experienced and newcomers. Those that want to can use the wider tools, DM client, and multiplayer options to craft an experience of their own.
You can play this game in the following styles:
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
You can download the free expansions:
- Darkness Over Daggerford: Darkness Over Daggerford is Ossian Studios’ enhanced update to the award-winning original premium adventure. The Duke of Daggerford has been mysteriously killed, a new power has taken over the town, bandits rove the Trade Way unhindered, and mysterious things stir in a fabled ancient citadel, yet all is not as it seems.
- Pirates of the Sword Coast Premium Adventure: A swashbuckling Dungeons & Dragons journey on the high seas— experience multiple endings, cunning henchmen, and a rollicking tale of woe!
- Wyvern Crown of Cormyr Premium Adventure: You have returned to Cormyr, the land of your birth, in the hopes of rebuilding your family’s fortune. Explore the kingdom on horseback, compete in jousting tournaments, and become a knight of Cormyr!
- Kingmaker Premium Adventure: Navigate guild politics and take on a mysterious masked mage to become Lord of the Keep in the premium adventure, Kingmaker!
- ShadowGuard Premium Adventure: You are recruited into the ShadowGuard— a secret organization tasked with protecting the Empire!
- Witch’s Wake Premium Adventure: You awaken on the battlefield with no memories, but soon you are drawn into a mysterious adventure that will take you to realms where the living world collides with that of the dead.
- The Dark Ranger's Treasure: Start a mysterious adventure at the Inn of Lance.
- The Winds of Eremor: Strange winds blow your ship to a mysterious island full of adventure!
- To Heir is Human: Save a kidnapped child from the clutches of the Drow!
- Contest of Champions: Go head to head in a competitive co-op battle against other teams of heroes.
- Adventurers of Neverwinter (Portrait Pack): A whole new cast of faces to create your next hero! Customize your Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition experience with this collection of ten new character portraits.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Neverwinter Nights Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@NeverwinterGame) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Neverwinter Nights in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Neverwinter Nights, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Neverwinter Nights., or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.