Nintendo Labo Review
Posted: A year ago, last updated 7 months ago.
Author: Andy Robertson.
You can buy Labo in different sets that focus on different sorts of building and interaction:
- Labo Variety Kit includes the remote-controlled "car", fishing rod game, a toy piano, a motorbike compatible with Mario Kart, an interactive house.
- Labo Robot Kit includes a wearable robot suit used to play different Robot, VS, Challenge, Robo-Studio, and the Hangar games.
- Labo Vehicle Kit includes parts to make three steering consoles, one for a car, one for a plane, and one for a submarine. These are used to control cars, planes, and submarines in games.
- Labo VR Kit includes cardboard goggles that allow players to view stereoscopic 3D images using the Switch console, similar to Google Cardboard.
- Labo Sticker kit provides stickers to customise your creations.
This game supports Nintendo's amiibo, figurines and cards that can be purchased separately to unlock in-game items. It is also purchased in a series of packs that only grant access to specific themed experiences.
Nintendo Switch has some built-in features, including a lockable zoom, that can be used on all games... read more about system accessibility settings.
The following games are like Nintendo Labo. They address a similar topic or offer a similar way to play. They are good options to play next and also good alternatives to Nintendo Labo for younger age ratings.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.