Posted: 3 years ago, last updated 12 days ago.
They all offer a similar experience, although the second game adds new places to cook and new recipes and the ability to throw food. Also, Overcooked 2 can be played online with friends and family. Overcooked! All You Can Eat is a delicious blend of Overcooked, Overcooked 2 and all DLC remastered and playable in 4K on PS5 and Xbox Series X.
Release Date: 07/08/2018, updated in 2018
Price: 80% off
Platforms: Mac, PC, PS4, PS5, Switch, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Skill Rating: 7+ year-olds
Players: 1-4 (4 online)
Accessibility: 23 features
As well as the four player in the same place cooperative play and four player online cooperative play, you can mix and match. This means you can play with two people in one place on one system with two people in another place on their system.
Cross-Platform: Play between Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC.
You can play this game in the following styles:
- Cooperative Local
- Cooperative Online
- Multiplayer With Portable Devices In The Same Room
- Multiplayer Online Cross-Platform
- Asymmetrical Perspectives
This has been enjoyed by families in the following styles:
7+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. One family told us, "Overcooked is a great introduction to co-op gaming. On the easier levels, my 7-year-old loves taking charge of our strategy (who has what roles and how to coordinate our work). It's become progressively harder as she'd led our family team to figure out the best way to get our star."
Our Game Pathways reveal how 8-year-olds play this game:
- 8-year-old: Handling Team Failure
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
|SALE||PS4||£19.99||£12.49 at the moment||–|
|SALE||PC||£12.99||£2.59 until 30/01/2023||–|
|Xbox One||£19.99||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
PS Plus Extra
|SALE||PC||£19.99||£4.99 until 30/01/2023||–|
|SALE||Mac||£19.99||£4.99 until 30/01/2023||–|
Overcooked! 2 - Gourmet Edition
Overcooked! All You Can Eat
Overcooked! Gourmet Edition
Overcooked! Special Edition
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
- You need a subscription to play online:
The original Overcooked doesn't have in-game purchases. But Overcooked! 2 offers purchases that expand the experience by theme:
- Carnival of Chaos
- Night of the Hangry Horde
- Campfire Cook-Off
- Surf 'n' Turf
- Too Many Cooks
You can purchase a Season Pass for Overcooked 2! to access all these. Overcooked! All You Can Eat includes both original games and all their relayed purchased content.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
Overcooked! All You Can Eat offers extended accessibility over Overcooked 2!. Overcooked 2! has a low-pressure (endless) practice mode on any level you have got to, that can be customised to not have a timer, score or expiration of the orders. There is a harder difficulty unlocked when you finish the game.
Overcooked! All You Can Eat has added an assist mode offers Increased Round Timer, Increased Score, Increased Recipe Time Limit as well as switching off recipe timeouts. It also adds dyslexia friendly text and colourblind friendly mode with symbols as well as colours to identify each chef. You can scale the user interface.
You can remap the PC controls but not on consoles.
The whole play area is usually in view and any event out of view is indicated with visual signs in the direction of noise/incident.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Overcooked! All You Can Eat in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Overcooked! All You Can Eat.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Overcooked! All You Can Eat..