Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 5 weeks ago.
- Plants vs Zombies (2009) available on PC, Mac, iOS, Android and consoles. It was a static screen battle where you placed plants to fend of zombies.
- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (2014) available on PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, Xbox One. This took the game into a 3D world battle. A little like Call of Duty or Battlefield but without the blood and with a lot more humour (and plants).
- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 (2016) available on PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One. This adds split-screen multiplayer, new maps and characters.
- Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (2019) available on PC, PlayStation 4 Xbox One. Taking a cue from games like Overwatch, this adds more refined classes of characters: attackers, defenders, or supporters. It also adds objective-based Turf Takeover mode and the team deathmatch variant Team Vanquish.
Plants Vs. Zombies
Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare
Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2
Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2: Deluxe Edition
Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville
Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville Complete Edition
Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville Deluxe Edition
Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville Founder's Edition
Plants Vs. Zombies: Battle For Neighborville Season's Eatingz Edition
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2: Deluxe Edition
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Plants vs. Zombies: Game of the Year
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville you can purchase Rainbow Stars and Bulbs that unlock customizations and upgrades from the in-game store. There is a chance-based reward-a-tron machine in the game but you can only use it with currency earned by playing the game.
This report is based on the latest game, Battle For Neighborville. Older games may differ in the accessibility features they offer.
You can choose whether you need to hold down a button to aim or simply toggle the aiming by pressing the button. This eliminated the need to hold down buttons. You can enable assistance with aiming, and there are separate settings for it for single-player and multiplayer modes.
The text throughout the game, including the subtitles (which are presented in speech bubbles), is high contrast, but cannot be adjusted in size and is not 1/20th the height of the screen.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Plants Vs. Zombies in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Plants Vs. Zombies.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to Plants Vs. Zombies..