Professor Layton Review
Posted: 22 months ago, last updated 3 months ago.
The following adventures are available:
- Professor Layton and the Curious Village (2008) on Nintendo DS.
- Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box/Pandora's Box (2009) on Nintendo DS.
- Professor Layton and the Unwound Future/Lost Future (2010) on Nintendo DS.
Prequel trilogy set before the original games:
- Professor Layton and the Last Specter/Spectre's Call (2011) on Nintendo DS. It includes an RPG called Professor Layton's London Life.
- Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (2012) on Nintendo 3DS. The game features daily puzzles
- Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy (2013) on Nintendo 3DS.
New series following Katrielle Layton:
- Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy (2017)on Nintendo 3DS
- Layton Brothers: Mystery Room (2013) on iOS, Android.
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (2012) on Nintendo 3DS a crossover between the Professor Layton and Ace Attorney series.
Skill RatingThis game is enjoyed by 9-14 year-olds as it's a good match for their ability and maturity. Although some puzzles are more complicated, players can ask for help from parents and guardians (or siblings sometimes). This and the cartoon story make it a good fit for younger players.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Professor Layton or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Professor Layton.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.