Sonic the Hedgehog (Series) Review
Posted: A year ago, last updated 3 weeks ago.
In the game you collect rungs to accrue health, and loose these if you are hit. Your aim is usually to stop Eggman's schemes for world domination, by navigating levels that include springs, slopes, bottomless pits, and vertical loops.
In addition to the Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing and Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, these are the main releases in the series:
- Sonic the Hedgehog (1991) on Sega Genesis/Megadrive and later on Mobile, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (1992) on Sega Genesis/Megadrive
- Sonic Spinball (1993) on Sega Genesis/Megadrive
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles (1994) on Sega Genesis/Megadrive
- Sonic Adventure (1998) on Dreamcast
- Sonic Adventure 2 (2001)on GameCube
- Sonic Advance (2001) on Game Boy Advance
- Sonic Mega Collection (2003) on GameCube, PlayStation 2, Xbox
- Sonic Heroes (2003) on PlayStation 2 , Xbox, GameCube
- Shadow the Hedgehog (2005) on PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube
- Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) on 870,000451
- Sonic Unleashed (2008) on PlayStation 2, Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3
- Sonic Colors (2010) on Wii, Nintendo DS
- Sonic Generations (2011) on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Windows, Nintendo 3DS
- Sonic Lost World (2012) on Wii U, Nintendo 3DS
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal (2014) on Wii U and 3DS
- Sonic Mania and Sonic Mania Plus (2018) on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC.
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode I
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Episode II
Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog Classic
Does not offer in-game purchases, 'loot boxes' or 'battle/season passes'.
Sonic Mania is Rated PEGI 3. The game features some cartoony violence of a light-hearted nature. The violence is never severe or of a serious tone, as most violence simply consists of Sonic jumping on the head of enemies. The robotic enemies fall apart and disappear in a flash. All violence in the game is accompanied by bright flashes and fast-paced action.
ESRB EVERYONE with mild cartoon violence.
Our Sonic the Hedgehog Accessibility Report details 3 accessibility features:
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Sonic the Hedgehog or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Sonic the Hedgehog.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.