SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (Series) Review
Posted: 13 months ago, last updated 4 weeks ago.
You collect items and defeat the robots, while crossing platforms and avoiding environmental hazards like spikes and flames. You need specific characters to beat some areas. You can play as SpongeBob, Patrick, and Sandy.
It gained a cult following, with a large speed-running community which led to a rerelease as SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated in 2020 on Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
There are lots of different SpongeBob games available, although these have not stood the test of time so well:
- Legend of the Lost Spatula (2001) on Gameboy Colour
- Operation Krabby Patty (2001) on PC
- SuperSponge (2001) on Gameboy Advance and PlayStation
- Employee of the Month (2002) on PC
- Revenge of the Flying Dutchman (2002) on GameCube, PlayStation 2, Gameboy Advanced
- Battle for Bikini Bottom (2003) on PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, PC and Gameboy Advanced
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004) on PC, Gameboy Advanced, GameCube, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, iOS and Mac
- Lights, Camera, Pants (2005) on Xbox, PlayStation 2, GameCube, Gameboy advanced and PC
- The Yellow Avenger (2005) on Nintendo DS and PlayStation Portable
- Creature from the Krusty Krab (2006) on PlayStation 2, Gameboy Advanced, Nintendo DS, GameCube, Wii and PC
- Atlantis Square Pantis (2007) on Wii, PlayStation 2, Nintendo DS and Gameboy Advanced
- Underpants Slam (2007) on Xbox 360
- SpongeBob SquarePants featuring Nicktoons: Globs of Doom (2008) on Nintendo DS, PlayStation 2 and Wii
- Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition (2008) on Nintendo DS
- The Big One: Beach Party Cook-Off (2009) on Nintendo DS
- Truth or Square (video game) (2009) on Wii, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable and Xbox 360
- Truth or Square (arcade game) (2009) on PC
- Boating Bash (2010) on Wii and Nintendo DS
- SpongeBob SquigglePants (2011) on Wii and Nintendo 3DS
- SpongeBob's Surf & Skate Roadtrip (2011) on Nintendo DS and Xbox 360
- SpongeBob Moves In! (2013) on iOS Android
- Plankton's Robotic Revenge (2013) on Wii U, Wii, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- SpongeBob HeroPants (2015) on Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita and Xbox 360
- Battle for Bikini Bottom - Rehydrated (2020) on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
View our choice of games like SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom. This game is good if you want to:
Spongebob Squarepants: Battle For Bikini Bottom: Rehydrated
Does not offer in-game purchases, 'loot boxes' or 'battle/season passes'.
You will need Nintendo Online (must be 18 to purchase, but can be any age to use) to play online with Nintendo Switch.
You will need PlayStation Plus (must be 18 to create, then create sub-accounts for younger players who need be set as 13 or older) to play online with PlayStation 4.
You will need Xbox Live Gold (must be 18 to create, then configure family accounts for younger players) to play online with Xbox One.
Skill Rating: This game is enjoyed by 8-12 year-olds as it's a good match for their ability and maturity.
Users Interact: The game enables players to interact and communicate with each other, so may expose players to language usually associated with older rated games.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.