Super Mario Run Review
Posted: 18 months ago, last updated 4 months ago.
The game became the fastest-growing app in iOS history, having been downloaded more than 50 million times worldwide during its first week of release, and around 300 million times by 2018.
Other Super Mario Bros platform games:
- Super Mario Bros. (1985) on NES and rereleased on GameBoy Colour in 1999.
- Super Mario Bros. 2 (1988) on NES and rereleased on GBA in 2001
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (1988) on NES and rereleased on GBA in 2003
- Super Mario Land (1989) on GameBoy
- Super Mario World (1990) on SNES and rereleased on GBA in 2002
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (1992) on GameBoy
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (1995) on SNES and rereleased on GBA in 2002
- Super Mario 64 (1996) on N64 and rereleased on DS in 2004
- Super Mario Sunshine (2002) on GameCube
- New Super Mario Bros (2012) on DS
- Super Mario Galaxy (2007) on Wii
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii (2009) on Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy 2 (2010) on Wii
- Super Mario 3D Land (2011) on Wii
- New Super Mario Bros. 2 (2012) on 3DS
- New Super Mario Bros. U (2013) on Wii U
- Super Mario 3D World (2014) on Wii U
- Super Mario Run (2016) on iOS and Android
- Super Mario Odyssey (2017) on Switch
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (2019) on Switch
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars (2020) on Switch Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy
Skill RatingThis game is enjoyed by 4+ year-olds as it's a good match for their ability and maturity.
Although just one tap anywhere on the screen to jump and interact, you need to navigate menus with specific tapping to start the game.
No separate audio control for music and effects although you can pick your own music to play for less intrusive audio. There are minimal audio equivalents for visual cues.
Our Super Mario Run Accessibility Report documents 13 accessibility features:
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Super Mario Run or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Super Mario Run.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.