Super Sports Beat Review
Posted: 9 weeks ago, last updated 13 days ago.
Play involves using your rhythmic reflexes in the 5 mini-games based on familiar sports: tennis, hockey, golf, and volleyball. Either on your own or with up to four people, you collaborate and compete to score points by hitting bang on the beat.
You can play with the Joy-Con on Switch (or Apple Remote on Apple TV) like the Wii Remote, using it like a bat and swinging it through the air. You can also use a standard controller and buttons if you prefer. As you progress you unlock new difficulty levels and compete for high scores. You can also earn clothing to customize your characters outfit and bat.
The result is a really simple game like Wii Sports, but with depth that comes from rhythm, timing and a love of music. It's a great game to play across the generations.
Content Rating: PEGI 3
Skill Rating: 5-11 year-olds
Release Date: 28/10/2015, updated in 2017
Platforms: Switch and iOS
Genres: Action, Rhythm and Sports
Players: You can play with 4 players in the same room, but you can’t play it online. You can play Super Beat Sports with up to 3 friends in either handheld or docked mode:
- Buddy Ball (1-4 players): Prepare to put your rhythmic reflexes to the test as you and up to three friends engage in this ball-bashing battle.
- Whacky Bat (1-2 players): Go for gold by hitting baseball-style pitches back. Build your streak by swinging in-time with the music for maximum points.
- Gobble Golf (1-2 players): Match musical patterns to feed some hungry aliens! The more you feed, the higher your score.
- Net Ball (1-2 players): Keep the volley going with perfect timing.
- Rhythm Racket (1-4 players): All against all, protect your goal and knock out the competition with radical rhythmic ricochets.
Skill RatingThis game is enjoyed by 5-11 year-olds as it's a good match for their ability and maturity. Really young players may struggle with the timing a little, but the collaborative modes can help with this if they play with older brothers and sisters or parents.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Super Sports Beat or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Super Sports Beat.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.