Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 2 weeks ago.
This is a magical world that exists not only as a backdrop for adventure but as a living, breathing environment that must be negotiated as intelligently and carefully as any monster you fight.
There are many games in the Zelda series, each received long and focused development from Nintendo:
- The Legend of Zelda (1986) on NES
- The Adventure of Link (1987) on NES
- A Link to the Past (1991) on Super NES and Gameboy Advance, then ported to Wii, Wii U and Switch (as part of Nintendo Online).
- Link's Awakening (1993) on Gameboy then updated for Switch
- Ocarina of Time (1998) on Nintendo 64 then updated for 3D on Nintendo 3DS
- Link’s Awakening DX (1998) on Gameboy Colour
- Majora's Mask (2000) on Nitendo 64 then updated to 3D on Nintendo 3DS
- Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages (2001) on Gameboy Colour
- Four Swords (2002) on Gamecube
- The Wind Waker (2002) on Gamecube then updated in HD on Wii U
- Four Swords Adventures (2004) on Gamecube
- The Minish Cap (2004) on Gameboy Advance
- Twilight Princess (2006) on Wii then in HD on Wii U
- Phantom Hourglass (2007) on Nintendo DS
- Spirit Tracks (2009) on Nintendo DS
- Skyward Sword (2011) on Wii
- A Link Between Worlds (2013) on Nintendo 3DS
- Tri Force Heroes (2015) on Nintendo 3DS
- Breath of the Wild (2017) on Switch
- Tears of the Kingdom (2023) on Switch
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. Still, it's important for parents and guardians to consider the maturity required to process the game content. Although younger children can enjoy exploring the world, to really play on your own you need combat, navigation and planning skills.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild
- The Master Trials: The Trial of the Sword, Master Mode, Hero's Path Mode, the travel medallion, and new armour.
- The Champions Balad: The Champions’ Ballad, nine armours you can find while treasure hunting, and an ancient bridle and saddle.
This game supports Nintendo's amiibo, figurines and cards that can be purchased separately to unlock in-game items.
You can aim using the controller motion detection. There are also some tilting puzzles you use motion to solve.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.
Our experts have hand-picked the following board games that offer a similar experience or theme to The Legend of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild., or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.