This game is rated PEGI 18
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Apocalypse and Decapitation.
Ignore All Content Warnings
The Walking Dead (Series) Review
Posted: 22 months ago, last updated 5 weeks ago.
These are graphic adventure games, that play out like a novel but with a narrative and characters that change depending on your actions. You can talk to people, explore your location, pick up things and take a wide range of routes.
Although at first, this feels like you are not really changing very much of the game. As time goes by it's clear that you are having a substantial and sometimes grave effect on how the stories play out.
The series includes the following games:
- The Walking Dead (2012) The start of the zombie apocalypse where Lee Everett rescues young Clementine whose parents had travelled to Savannah prior to the apocalypse.
- The Walking Dead 400 Days (2012) is 400 Days is a downloadable episode that bridges between Season 1 and Season 2.
- The Walking Dead Season Two (2013) A year later, Clementine is separated from the other survivors and forced to fend on her own.
- The Walking Dead Michonne (2016) A three-episode series that fleshes out the time between the first two The Walking Dead seasons.
- The Walking Dead A New Frontier (2017) A few years later we find Clementine older now and with AJ, the infant she rescues at the end of Season 2 who is now a toddler.
- The Walking Dead The Final Season (2018-2019) A finally that concludes Clementine's story arc.
Each of these represents a season of content broken into a number of episodes. The complete collection has been gathered together in the following package:
- The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (2019) includes all the episodes in one package for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The Walking Dead Collection: The Telltale Series
The Walking Dead Onslaught
The Walking Dead Onslaught: Digital Deluxe
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier: Episode 1
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier: Season Pass
The Walking Dead: A New Frontier: The Complete Season (Episodes 1-5)
The Walking Dead: Episode 1: A New Day
The Walking Dead: Michonne
The Walking Dead: Michonne: A Telltale Miniseries
The Walking Dead: Michonne: Ep. 1, In Too Deep
The Walking Dead: Michonne: The Complete Season
The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners: Standard Edition
The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners: Tourist Edition
The Walking Dead: Season 1
The Walking Dead: Season 2
The Walking Dead: Season Pass
The Walking Dead: Season Two
The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
The Walking Dead: The Final Season
The Walking Dead: The Final Season: Season Pass
The Walking Dead: The Final Season: The Complete Season
The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series
The Walking Dead
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. This includes a regular subscription fee (known as a 'battle/season pass') to unlock access to reward items and other aspects of the game. Free-to-start on iOS then you purchase each chapter. On consoles, you purchase seasons together. Some of the series, like A New Frontier, offer season passes. Alternatively, you could purchase all the episodes in a single package: The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series.
The following in-game purchases are available:
The Walking Dead: Saints And Sinners: Tourist Edition Upgrade
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to The Walking Dead or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to The Walking Dead, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 18 or ESRB MATURE 17+ games.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.