This game is rated PEGI 16
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Assault, Death and Killed.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 19 months ago, last updated 4 weeks ago.
There are currently 14 agents to choose from: Brimstone, Phoenix, Sage, Sova, Viper, Cypher, Reyna, Killjoy, Breach, Omen, Jett, Raze, Skye and Yoru. Once chosen you join the attacking or defending team. You must use your Agent's unique abilities to defeat the other team and achieve your objectives. You start with a "classic" pistol and one ability. To this you can add an assortment of weapons: submachine guns, shotguns, machine guns, assault rifles and sniper rifles.
There are different play modes available:
- Unrated - Best of 25 rounds. The attacking team has to get a bomb on one of multiple specified locations and then protect it for 45 second so it detonates.
- Spike Rush - Best of 7 rounds. All players on the attacking team carry a bomb, but only one can be activated per round.
- Competitive - Require 10 unrated match wins to enter.
- Deathmatch - 14 players have 10 minutes to kill 40 opponents.
Currently confirmed for PC, but the style of PEGI/ESRB rating suggest this will be Xbox One and PS4 as well.
In addition to the rating, it's good to note that (on PC, unconfirmed for PS4 and Xbox) you can turn off blood, mature content and corpses of dead characters in the game.
Skill RatingThis game is enjoyed by 14+ year-olds as it's a good match for their ability and maturity.
- Difficulty: Being an online competitive game means this doesn't have difficulty settings, although the game will match you with similar players.
- Reading: There is a considerable amount of reading of stats and weapons details and the text is not adjustable. No subtitles for voice-overs. No text to speech or speech to text.
- Controls: Remap keys, buttons and mouse mappings. Adjust sensitivity or movement and scope zoom. You can toggle crouch rather than hold button. You can't toggle to run though.
- Image calibration: Adjust rotation, size and zoom of the minimap. Visual effects for damage direction and bullet direction indicators to match audio cues. Enemy colour can be changed. Colour and size and style of crosshair target customisable.
- Audio calibration: Adjust the volume of effects, voice and music. Audio indications of other players, visual cues and direction of activity. Can select to have gameplay, agent, tactical and general announcement voice over to further narrate what's happening visually.
- Communication: Ping system lets you pick messages for other teammates that are then displayed and narrated. You can also set other default messages to buttons rather than speaking.
Our Valorant Accessibility Report documents 4 accessibility features:
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Valorant or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Valorant, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 16 or ESRB TEEN games.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.