This game is rated PEGI 18
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Blood splatter, Blood-splatter, Extreme Violence, Graphic Violence, Supernatural and Wounds.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 18 months ago, last updated 11 weeks ago.
Author: @GeekDadGamer and Jo Robertson.
Play involves using ranged, melee weapons, and vampire powers to defeat other players. The twist is that you must also conceal your vampire identity from humans. If you are spotted the game shows where you are to all the other players. Along with this, there's also a gas cloud that slowly shrinks the play area.
The city location distinguishes itself by offering more verticality than other battle royal games. You have loads of climbing and swinging around, which enables you to traverse the world quickly. It also offers more reasons to explore that other games. You need to hunt and find items to upgrade and power up your character.
As you progress and feed on the blood of other players you gain more power and supernatural abilities. Each clan has unique play styles and abilities. Some can turn invisible, others can set traps while others are better at combat.
There have been other versions of the game that weren't focused on battle royale:
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption (2000) PC and Mac
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (2004) PC
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York (2019) Visual Novel on PC, Mac, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Shadows of New York (2020) Visual Novel on PC, Mac, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 (2022) PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
- Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong (2022) PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S
Release Date: 07/09/2021, updated in 2022
Platforms: PC and PS5
Content Rating: PEGI 18
Players: 1 (45 online)
Genres: Shooting, Traversal (Action, Fighting and Platform)
Components: 3D First-Person and Open World
Developer: Shark Mob Games (@SharkMobGames)
View our choice of games like Vampire: The Masquerade Blood Hunt. This game is good if you want to:
You can play this game in the following styles:
Rated for younger players in Australia. Rated Mature Accompanied (MA 15+) for Strong Violence.
In addition to the official review, the developers state that "Vampires suck blood from human characters and non-hostile subjects. Your character can use vampiric powers, weapons and wit to eradicate your enemies and deal with the hunters."
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 5.
Vampire: The Masquerade Blood Hunt
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- In-Game Pass: Purchase a season/battle pass to gain access to limited in-game purchases, reward items and other aspects of the game.
You need a subscription to play online:
- You need to purchase a PlayStation Plus subscription to play online with PlayStation 5.
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Vampire: The Masquerade Blood Hunt Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@SharkMobGames) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Hand-Picked Games Like Vampire: The Masquerade Blood Hunt
Here are our hand-picked short list of similar games; the perfect thing to play next if you enjoyed Vampire: The Masquerade Blood Hunt. We also have a long list of games similar to Vampire: The Masquerade Blood Hunt.