Wii Party Review
Posted: 3 months ago.
Author: Andy Robertson.
House Party section offers five modes that are for groups in the living room.
- Animal Tracker (2-4 players, 5 min)
- Hide 'n' Hunt (2-4 players, 15 min)
- Time Bomb (2-4 players, 5 min)
- Word Bomb (2-4 players, 5 min)
- Buddy Quiz (3-4 players, 5 min)
- Board Game Island (1-4 players, 45 min)
- Globe Trot (1-4 players, 60 min)
- Swap Meet/Mii of a Kind (1-4 players, 30-45 min)
- Spin-Off (1-4 players, 30 min)
- Bingo (1-4 players, 15 min)
- Friend Connection (2 players only, 5 min)
- Balance Boat (1-2 players, 5-15 min)
- Match-Up (1-2 players, 15 min)
- Free Play (1-4 players, 5 min)
- Battle Mode (1-4 players, 5-30 min)
- Solo Mode (1 player only, 15-60 min)
- Challenge Mode (1-4 players depending on the game, 5-30 min)
- Spot the Sneak / Rule Reversal (2-4 players, 15-30 min)
Rating: PEGI 3+, ESRB EVERYONE
Release Date: 08/07/2010
The Wii has a few helpful settings, like disable rumble, but you have to use gesture controls for most games and the system menu. The Wii U has some limited settings, such as disabling rumble and selecting mono audio... read more about system accessibility settings.
The following games are like Wii Party. They address a similar topic or offer a similar way to play. They are good options to play next and also good alternatives to Wii Party for younger age ratings.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.