Wii Party U Review
Posted: 3 months ago.
Author: Andy Robertson.
While the games are generally of a similar high quality, some have stood out for families. Using the Gamepad between the two players to offer a simple way to play baseball of football in a real novelty. Lost-and-Found Square is another strong game in the collection, where on player uses the Gamepad to see the game world around them and must describe what they see so the other players can use their Wii Remote to locate them from their instructions.
There are five board games where you advance by playing 80 different mini-games in the TV Party section of the game:
- Highway Rollers (1-4 players, 45 min)
- GamePad Island (2-4 players, 45 min)
- Mii Fashion Plaza (1-4 players, 60 min)
- The Balldozer (1-4 players, 30 min)
- Teammate Madness/Team Building (1-4 players, 20-30 min)
- Button Smashers (2-4 players, 5-15 min)
- Name That Face (3-4 players, 15 min)
- Lost-and-Found Square (3-4 players, 5-20 min)
- Sketchy Situation (3-4 players, 20 min)
- Do U Know Mii? (3-4 players, 30 min)
- Water Runners (2-4 players, 10 min)
- Feed Mii! (3-4 players, 15 min)
- Dance with Mii (2-4 players, 10 min)
- Tabletop Foosball (1-2 players, 5 min)
- Tabletop Baseball (1-2 players, 5-10 min)
- Mii-in-a-Row (1-2 players, 20 min)
- Tabletop Gauntlet (1-2 players, 5 min)
- Tabletop Minigames (1-2 players, 5 min)
- Animal Matchup (2 players, 5-15 min)
- Puzzle Blockade (2 players, 5-15 min)
- Minigame Collection (1-4 players, 5 min)
- Freeplay Challenge (1-4 players, 5-30 min)
- Bridge Burners (2-4 players co-op, 15 min)
- Dojo Domination (1 player, 20 min)
- Battle of the Minigames (1-4 players, 15-25 min)
- Tabletop Tournament (1-4 players, 10-15 min)
- Spot the Sneak (2-4 players, 10-20 min)
Rating: PEGI 3+, ESRB EVERYONE
Release Date: 25/10/2013
Platforms: Nintendo Wii U.
Players: You can play with 4 players in the same room, but you can’t play it online. Games are played with one Wii Remote per player in addition to the Gamepad controller.
You can purchase the game with a Motion Plus enhanced Wii Remote in the box.
The Wii U has some limited settings, such as disabling rumble and selecting mono audio... read more about system accessibility settings.
The following games are like Wii Party U. They address a similar topic or offer a similar way to play. They are good options to play next and also good alternatives to Wii Party U for younger age ratings.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.