Posted: 2 years ago, last updated 7 weeks ago.
Although the play is different there’s still the over the top Monty Python-style humour. You play from side on perspective and control your character. You can shoot and hurl yourself at enemies making use of a wide range of classic (and new) weapons from the series. Bazooka, Shotgun, Sheep, Holy Hand-grenade, and Banana Bomb.
The small characters are agile and diminutive which makes for some knife edge tactile battles. You can play all against all in a Deathmatch mode or try and be the final worm in Last Worm Standing and Last Squad Standing variants.
The game will include seasonal events, challenges, and community collaborations as we have seen in games like Roblox and Fortnite.
10+ year-olds usually have the required skill to enjoy this game. It’s a game that skews a little older than the classic Worms games as it’s played in real time. However, because your movement isn’t on the clock like the original, many younger players find this less frustrating.
- You need be 18-years-old to to subscribe to Xbox Live Gold for online play, but can then configure family accounts for younger players to play online with Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to Nintendo Online, but can then create accounts for children of any age to play online with Nintendo Switch.
- You need be 18-years-old to subscribe to PlayStation Plus for online play, but can create sub-accounts for younger players of 7-years or older to play online with PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5.
Worms Rumble: Digital Deluxe Edition
|SALE||PS5||£17.99||£3.59 until 21/12/2022||–|
|SALE||PS4||£17.99||£3.59 until 21/12/2022||–|
- In-Game Purchases: Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience.
- You need a subscription to play online:
It's important to set up your accounts and devices appropriately. More information is on our Financial Resources page.
We haven't documented accessibility features for this game yet. Our Worms Rumble Accessibility Report details system-wide settings that may help, and suggests similar games with accessibility features. Tweet the developer (@Team17) to let them know about our Accessibility Questionnaire.
Diversity and Inclusion
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games. These are similar to Worms Rumble in how they play or their theme. These are good alternative games to Worms Rumble.