Posted: 7 weeks ago, last updated 5 weeks ago.
Along with survival races on tracks, in demolition mode you aim to be the last car standing in an arena brawl. Wreckfest models the physics of the cars, impacts and damage accurately to not only display the state of things, but to adjust performance of your vehicle as it loses traction, gears and body parts.
The three modes in Wreckfest are career, multiplayer and custom events. In Career you win races to earn currency to spend on customisations, upgrades and repairs to keep your beaten-up car going. Multiplayer mode is played online friends, in demolition derby style. Finally, custom events give you the freedom to pick a course, duration, types of cars, opponents and modes.
You will need Xbox Live Gold (must be 18 to create, then configure family accounts for younger players) to play online with Xbox One.
You will need PlayStation Plus (must be 18 to create, then create sub-accounts for younger players who need be set as 13 or older) to play online with PlayStation 4. Additional content for Wreckfest includes:
- Season Pass 1 - 20 new cars the Bandit Ripper V8, 20 roof decorations and a Car customization pack with new armour, rims and more.
Packs included in the Season Pass 1 can also be purchased individually:
- Rusty Rats Car Pack - Raiden RS car.
- Goofy Roofs Pack - 20 new items including hats, rockets and explosives.
- Steel & Wheels Pack - Heavy Armour: Bumpers, Side Protectors, Roll cages and Wheels, Exhausts and Spoilers.
- Banger Racing Car Pack - 3 cars: Hearse, Stock and Sweeper car.
- Retro Rammers Car Pack - 3 cars: Wingman, Buggy and Bumper car.
- Backwoods Bangers Car Pack - 3 cars: Outlaw, Hornet and Honey Pot car.
- Modified Monsters Car Pack - 5 cars: Monster Truck, Military Pickup Truck, Dragstar, Mini and Pig Car.
- American All-Stars Car Pack - 3 cars: Grand Duke, Wild King and Little thrasher.
Packs included in the Season Pass 2 can also be bought individually:
- Getaway Car Pack - 3 cars: Bullet, Razor and Cardinal.
- Racing Heroes Car Pack - 3 cars: Raven, Stellar and Speedy.
- Reckless Car Pack - 3 cars: Gorbie, Blade and Stepvan.
Rated PEGI 12 for Violence.
ESRB TEEN for Mild Violence and Mild lyrics. You slam into opponents to cause car damage and to perform takedowns of opponents' vehicles. Players are rewarded for crashes, spin outs, and extra damage inflicted on vehicles. Takedowns can cause drivers to be hurled from their vehicles and thrown into the air (i.e., ragdoll physics); human bodies sometimes remain on racetracks and arena floors, as vehicles drive over them. Song lyrics contain brief allusions to drugs (e.g., "...live high for a while/Indulging in synthetic opulence"; "No way out. You're a drug. Someone help.") and violence ("Lay a finger on my friend and I'll/make your death look like an accident")
Users Interact: The game enables players to interact and communicate with each other, so may expose players to language usually associated with older rated games.
Windows has extensive accessibility features. Some, like colour correction, work with games. Lots of accessibility software can be used with PC games, from voice recognition to input device emulators. PlayStation 4 has a range of accessibility settings. Some are system only, some work in games (invert colours and button mapping). Xbox One has a system features, the excellent co-pilot share controls mode and adaptive controller support for all games... read more about system accessibility settings.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Wreckfest or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Wreckfest, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12+ or ESRB TEEN games.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.