This game is rated PEGI 12
Our review includes potentially triggering words:
Death, Drug and Drugs.
Ignore All Content Warnings
Posted: 7 months ago, last updated 4 weeks ago.
Along with survival races on tracks, in demolition mode you aim to be the last car standing in an arena brawl. Wreckfest models the physics of the cars, impacts and damage accurately to not only display the state of things, but to adjust performance of your vehicle as it loses traction, gears and body parts.
The three modes in Wreckfest are career, multiplayer and custom events. In Career you win races to earn currency to spend on customisations, upgrades and repairs to keep your beaten-up car going. Multiplayer mode is played online friends, in demolition derby style. Finally, custom events give you the freedom to pick a course, duration, types of cars, opponents and modes.
|Xbox One||£26.74||–||Free |
Xbox Game Pass
|SALE||Xbox One||£26.74||£17.75 at the moment||–|
|SALE||PS4||£24.99||£17.95 at the moment||–|
Xbox Game Pass
EA Play Pro
Wreckfest Complete Edition
Wreckfest PlayStation 5 Version
Wreckfest: Complete Edition
Wreckfest: Drive Hard. Die Last.
Additional in-game purchases are offered for items that enhance the experience. Some of these purchases (known as 'loot boxes') are for a chance of getting rare/higher-value items although common/lower-value items are more frequent. These in-game purchases also offer a regular subscription fee (known as a 'battle/season pass') to unlock access to reward items and other aspects of the game.
You will need Nintendo Online (must be 18 to purchase, but can be any age to use) to play online with Nintendo Switch.
You will need PlayStation Plus (must be 18 to subscribe, then create sub-accounts for younger players who need be set as 13 or older) to play online with PlayStation 4.
You will need Xbox Live Gold (must be 18 to subscribe, then configure family accounts for younger players) to play online with Xbox One. Additional content for Wreckfest includes:
- Season Pass 1 - 20 new cars the Bandit Ripper V8, 20 roof decorations and a Car customization pack with new armour, rims and more.
Packs included in the Season Pass 1 can also be purchased individually:
- Rusty Rats Car Pack - Raiden RS car.
- Goofy Roofs Pack - 20 new items including hats, rockets and explosives.
- Steel & Wheels Pack - Heavy Armour: Bumpers, Side Protectors, Roll cages and Wheels, Exhausts and Spoilers.
- Banger Racing Car Pack - 3 cars: Hearse, Stock and Sweeper car.
- Retro Rammers Car Pack - 3 cars: Wingman, Buggy and Bumper car.
- Backwoods Bangers Car Pack - 3 cars: Outlaw, Hornet and Honey Pot car.
- Modified Monsters Car Pack - 5 cars: Monster Truck, Military Pickup Truck, Dragstar, Mini and Pig Car.
- American All-Stars Car Pack - 3 cars: Grand Duke, Wild King and Little thrasher.
Packs included in the Season Pass 2 can also be bought individually:
- Getaway Car Pack - 3 cars: Bullet, Razor and Cardinal.
- Racing Heroes Car Pack - 3 cars: Raven, Stellar and Speedy.
- Reckless Car Pack - 3 cars: Gorbie, Blade and Stepvan.
Our experts have hand-picked the following similar games for you. These offer a similar way to play to Wreckfest or are games with a similar theme or topic. These are good alternative games to Wreckfest, or are a younger rated alternative for players not ready for PEGI 12 or ESRB TEEN games.
Thank you for using our resource, supported by AskAboutGames, ParentZone and PlayAbility Initiative. We are editorially independent, written by parents for parents, but welcome sponsorship, partnership and suggestions. Email our editor for details on these opportunities.
The information on this database is designed to support and complement the in-depth discussion and advice about video game "addiction", violence, spending and online safety in the Taming Gaming book. If you have any concerns or questions in these areas, email our editor who is quick to respond or can arrange for a one-to-one conversation.